Ages 7 to 15 – Camping With a Plus
Celebrating over 65 years of Kalalla traditions. This camp includes church service, nature exploration, theme nights, arts and crafts, overnights, discovery time, vespers, morning watch, swimming, canoeing and many other favourites!
Ages 15 to 16 – Leader-in-Training
The L.I.T. program emphasizes hands-on leadership training and personal growth.
Our program, based on the CGIT Purpose, offers girls the opportunity to develop new skills under positive and encouraging supervision. We strive to help each girl increase her self-confidence and self-esteem through participation in small group and all-camp programming.
- A philosophy of leadership which sees the designated counsellor as enabler rather than teller, as resource person and as activities guide;
- An open-ended approach to questions and issues;
- Full involvement of campers with counsellors in planning and decision-making;
- Recognition of the outdoors as not merely a setting, but a place where we learn to live in respect with Creation;
- A full spectrum of outdoor activities such as cook-outs, sleep-outs, swimming, hiking, and exploring provide opportunities for learning to trust the elements in which campers find themselves. Campers also develop self-confidence and trust in others and develop relationships with peers and counsellors.
A Day at Kalalla
A day at Kalalla is filled with laughter and excitement. Throughout each day, campers learn more about themselves, each other, nature, and God.
The daily camp program includes Discovery Time, six Activity Blocks and Evening Program. Activity Blocks feature swimming, canoeing, kayaking, archery, arts and crafts, outdoor exploration, and skill development and Discovery Time. Discovery Time allows campers to explore the Bible through games, activities and discussion. At the end of the day all campers and staffgather together for the Evening Program. With campfires, theme nights, treasure hunts and more, the Evening Program is often a camp highlight.
A typical day for the campers:
- 7:00 Polar Bear Dip/Morning Dip (optional)
- 7:30 Salutation of the Dawn
- Morning Watch Devotional Time
- Flag raising ceremony
- 8:30 Breakfast
- 9:40 Activity Blocks
- 12:15 Singsong
- 12:30 Lunch
- 1:30 Happy Horizontal Hour/Rest time
- 2:30 Activity Blocks
- 5:30 Dinner
- 6:30 Unit Time
- 7:30 Vespers and Evening Program
- 9:00 Snack
- 9:30 Tent Time
- 10:00 Lights Out