Ages 7 to 15 – Camping With a Plus
Celebrating over 70 years of Kalalla traditions. This camp includes nature exploration, theme nights, arts, crafts, overnights, discovery time, vespers, morning watch, environment games and activities, swimming, canoeing and many other favourites!
15/16 year olds – Leader-in-Training
The L.I.T. program emphasizes hands-on leadership training and personal growth. (N.B. those who are 15 must have completed Grade 10).
Our program, based on the CGIT Purpose, offers girls the opportunity to develop new skills under positive and encouraging supervision. We strive to help each girl increase her self-confidence and self-esteem through participation in small group and all-camp programming.
- A philosophy of leadership which sees the designated counsellor as enabler rather than teller, as resource person and as activities guide;
- An open-ended approach to questions and issues;
- Full involvement of campers with counsellors in planning and decision-making;
- Recognition of the outdoors as not merely a setting, but a place where we learn to live in respect with Creation;
- A full spectrum of outdoor activities such as cook-outs, sleep-outs, swimming, hiking, and exploring provide opportunities for learning to trust the elements in which campers find themselves. Campers also develop self-confidence and trust in others and develop relationships with peers and counsellors.
A Day at Kalalla
A day at Kalalla is filled with laughter, excitement and learning.
The daily camp program includes Discovery Time, six Activity Blocks and Evening Program. Activity Blocks feature swimming, canoeing, kayaking, archery, arts and crafts, outdoor exploration, and skill development and Discovery Time. Discovery Time allows campers to reflect on themselves and their place in the world. It offers games, activities and discussions which explore how we relate to and care for each other, ourselves, and nature.
A typical day for the campers:
- 7:00 Polar Bear Dip/Morning Dip (optional)
- 7:30 Salutation of the Dawn
- Morning Watch
- Flag raising ceremony
- 8:30 Breakfast
- 9:40 Activity Blocks
- 12:15 Singsong
- 12:30 Lunch
- 1:30 Happy Horizontal Hour/Rest time
- 2:30 Activity Blocks
- 5:30 Dinner
- 6:30 Unit Time
- 7:30 Vespers and Evening Program
- 9:00 Snack
- 9:30 Tent Time
- 10:00 Lights Out